All policy statements issued by the Austin Housing Coalition must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Supports the development and preservation of safe affordable housing for Austin residents
- Supports a strategic and effective goals-driven approach to the allocation of affordable housing funding
- Brings a maximum benefit to clients, with a special emphasis on increasing access to housing and services
- Strengthens the affordable housing sector
All letters of support issued by the Austin Housing Coalition must align with the Austin Housing Coalition’s goals and initiatives. AHC will not sign an exclusive letter of support for any one member.
The following is the process to request a letter of support or policy statement from the Austin Housing Coalition:
- Submit a request for a letter of support or advocacy statement to the chair of the Austin Housing Coalition. The current chair is Sunshine Mathon.
- Include a draft letter of support and/or advocacy statement and a one-page summary of the project/issue that includes supporting information and any known opposition. Additional information may be requested.
- The Executive Committee will review the information and request any clarifications or additional information. If approved by the Executive Committee, it will be taken for a vote by the full membership. For time-sensitive issues, the Executive Committee is empowered to make a final determination on behalf of the membership.
We ask that requests for policy statements and letters of support are submitted at least one month prior to the submission deadline so that we have sufficient time to present it to our members for a vote.